A bird's eye view of the vineyard
Eurasian consolidation ends the US unipolar moment ? Part 2 of 2 Fri Sep 24, 2021 18:32 | amarynth
By Pepe Escobar, posted with permission and first posted at Asia Times Part 1 is here The 20th anniversary summit of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) in Dushanbe, Tajikistan, enshrined
Political Declaration adopted during the first ministerial meeting of the Group of Friends in Defens... Fri Sep 24, 2021 17:49 | amarynth
https://www.mid.ru/en/forei... 1. We, representatives of Algeria, Angola, Belarus, Bolivia, Cambodia, China, Cuba, the Democratic People?s Republic of Korea, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Iran, the Lao People?s Democratic Republic, Nicaragua, the State
China in Action ? Carbon Neutral by 2050 Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:13 | amarynth
By Peter Koenig for the Saker Blog Transcript of a presentation at a Webinar sponsored by the Chongyang Institute of Renmin University, Beijing 23 September 2021 An early priority for
Moveable Feast Cafe 2021/09/23 ? Open Thread Thu Sep 23, 2021 23:00 | herb
2021/09/23 22:00:01Welcome to the ‘Moveable Feast Cafe’. The ‘Moveable Feast’ is an open thread where readers can post wide ranging observations, articles, rants, off topic and have animate discussions of
A Letter to the Taliban Thu Sep 23, 2021 22:41 | amarynth
Dr. Ejaz Akram, with Pepe Escobar – posted with permission and widely cross posted. What happened in Afghanistan was not a mere change of government. A puppet state responsible
The Saker >>
News Round-Up Fri Sep 24, 2021 00:18 | Michael Curzon
A summary of all the most interesting stories that have appeared about politicians? efforts to control the virus ? and other acts of hubris and folly ? not just in Britain, but around the world.
The post News Round-Up appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
The Government?s Gamesmanship and Outright Cheating on Covid and Vaccines Diminishes Us All Thu Sep 23, 2021 21:55 | Will Jones
When it comes to providing the public with full, clear, honest information about Covid and the vaccines, the Government has been caught repeatedly putting spin and narrative ahead of transparency and truth.
The post The Government’s Gamesmanship and Outright Cheating on Covid and Vaccines Diminishes Us All appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
We?re Hiring! Thu Sep 23, 2021 18:45 | Toby Young
Michael Curzon is giving up his day job on the Daily Sceptic, having been poached by a national newspaper. He'll continue to contribute, but we'll need to replace him. Click on the link for more info.
The post We’re Hiring! appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Covid Unlikely to Mutate into a Deadly Variant, Says Lead Scientist Behind AstraZeneca Vaccine Thu Sep 23, 2021 17:39 | Michael Curzon
Covid is unlikely to mutate into a much deadlier variant because there "aren?t many places for the virus to go", says the lead scientist behind the AstraZeneca Covid vaccine.
The post Covid Unlikely to Mutate into a Deadly Variant, Says Lead Scientist Behind AstraZeneca Vaccine appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Record Numbers of Children Seeking Access to Mental Health Services Thu Sep 23, 2021 14:56 | Michael Curzon
Record numbers of children and young people are seeking access to mental health services, according to analysis by the Royal College of Psychiatrists, and an "unprecedented" number of children are waiting for care.
The post Record Numbers of Children Seeking Access to Mental Health Services appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Lockdown Skeptics >>
Voltaire, international edition
Joe Biden might call off war against North Korea Fri Sep 24, 2021 20:36 | en
General boycott of Covid-19 Global Summit Fri Sep 24, 2021 20:11 | en
Ahmad Massoud has fled Afghanistan Fri Sep 24, 2021 08:00 | en
Another stab at the "two-state solution" Fri Sep 24, 2021 07:46 | en
Secret meeting of US and Russian chiefs of staff Fri Sep 24, 2021 06:54 | en
Voltaire Network >>
URGENT: Final opportunity to lobby TD's to vote against the extension of draconian laws.
This evening (Mon 24th May) is the last chance to lobby your TDs to stop them further extending the legislation on the draconian laws severely restricting our freedoms. Please watch the video from Barrister Tracey O'Mahoney and use the template letter below to contact your TD
Download template here and the name and email address for every TD in each constituency or attached to this article
Template Letter copied below also:
To: [INSERT NAME AND ADDRESS]
Date: [INSERT DATE]
[INSERT EMAIL ADDRESS]
Re: Proposed Extension of Part 3 of the Health (Preservation and Protection and Other Emergency Measures in the Public Interest Act) 2020 (hereinafter referred to as the “Act”)
As you will be aware, the Health and Criminal Justice (COVID-19) (Amendment) Bill 2021 is currently going through both Houses of the Oireachtas, with Section 1 of this legislation seeking to extend the duration of Part 3 of the Act.
I am aware that you have not provided any commitment as to how you will vote in connection with the extension of Part 3 of the Act and in this regard, I write to you one final time to implore you to vote against the continuation in force of Part 3 of the Act, for reasons which include the following:
- • It has caused an unacceptable level of collateral damage and suffering including in relation to physical and mental health, loneliness and isolation, increased domestic violence, and the livelihoods of many people;
- • Public opinion is moving rapidly against the continuing lockdown which Part 3 enables, with the recent Kantar/Sunday Independent poll finding “huge frustration with the level of Covid restrictions”: 50% believe the lifting of restrictions is too slow;
- • Human rights and civil liberties must be respected, even when this is difficult, noting that a liberal democratic society does not abandon its commitment to human rights and civil liberties as soon as that commitment becomes inconvenient. Instead, it maintains strong respect for those rights always;
- • Lockdowns are not a normal pandemic response and, in fact, represent a radical departure from normal practice in responding to pandemics;
- • The excessive resort to lockdown contravenes WHO Advice;
- • Our Covid-19 mortality rate is similar to countries with much less stringent/prolonged lockdowns;
- • Part 3 is not fit for purpose and is far too unbalanced, showing almost no regard for anything but Covid-19;
- • Government persistently refuse to exercise sparingly even the most extreme of these powers;
- • The case for continuing Part 3 could be justified only by evidence showing as a matter of certainty that those measures are necessary, effective and do more good than harm. Yet that is simply not the reality. Multiple published analyses indicate that lockdowns have little, if any, effect on Covid-19 mortality.;
- • The original rationale for the restrictions (to “flatten the curve”) has long since passed.
I am aware that many TD’s are citing “public health advice” as justification for relinquishing their responsibilities to those who elected them into their positions of power. To be clear, I did not vote for NPHET or Tony Holohan – I voted for you and I trusted you to represent my views and protect my freedoms. That said, I am firmly of the view that the “public health advice” does not support the continuation in force of Part 3 of the Act.
The erosion of my human rights and civil liberties over the past 14 months is something I will never forget or forgive, so be under no doubt that I will hold you personally responsible for the manner in which you vote with regard to the extension of the duration of Part 3 of the Act and in this regard, I expect you to vote against the Health and Criminal Justice (COVID-19) (Amendment) Bill 2021.
[INSERT YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS]
Caption: URGENT: Part 3 Extension (Final Opportunity to Lobby TD