US Announces It Will Leave Ukraine Witho... Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:13 | Anti-Empire
Ukraine and Wagner Team Up in the Murder... Wed Dec 07, 2022 19:10 | Anti-Empire
EU Leads the Way: Megan Fox Devastated t... Mon Dec 05, 2022 20:08 | Anti-Empire
US to Extend Ukraineâ€™s Fires to 150 km... Mon Dec 05, 2022 08:46 | Anti-Empire
Podcast Mon Dec 05, 2022 03:26 | Anti-Empire
A bird's eye view of the vineyard
Has Turkey closed the straits? (Eng subs) Thu Dec 08, 2022 23:20 | The Saker
Powered by bitchute embed generator
The Coming Purge of the China-Hands Thu Dec 08, 2022 22:48 | The Saker
by Thorsten J. Pattberg for the Saker blog Thousands of China collaborators are under surveillance. Some are on the brink of ruin, others don?t even know what?s in store for them There
The Islamic Republic of Iran, the US-Zionists-UK unholy trinity, and Domains of Grand Illusions Wed Dec 07, 2022 21:05 | The Saker
by Mansoureh Tajik for the Saker blog We were defining success. Having lavishly financed and miserably failed all options that were on, under, above, besides, and in secret compartments of
Are Ukrainians Russians? Tue Dec 06, 2022 20:41 | The Saker
Are Ukrainians Russians? Seems like a simple question, but in reality it is immensely complex. I will try to outline a few of the issues, assumptions and implications this question
Moveable Feast Cafe 2022/12/06 ? Open Thread Tue Dec 06, 2022 07:00 | herb
2022/12/06 07:00:01Welcome to the ‘Moveable Feast Cafe’. The ‘Moveable Feast’ is an open thread where readers can post wide ranging observations, articles, rants, off topic and have animate discussions of
The Saker >>
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
RTE in breach of its own editorial principles Anthony
Waiting for SIPO Anthony
Formal complaint against Robert Watt Anthony
RTE bias complaint Anthony
Fergus Finlay and the maternity hospital ‘gotcha’ trap Anthony
Public Inquiry >>
A Blog About Human Rights
UN human rights chief calls for priority action ahead of climate summit Sat Oct 30, 2021 17:18 | Human Rights
5 Year Anniversary Of Kem Ley?s Death Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:34 | Human Rights
Poor Living Conditions for Migrants in Southern Italy Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:14 | Human Rights
Right to Water Mon Aug 03, 2020 19:13 | Human Rights
Human Rights Fri Mar 20, 2020 16:33 | Human Rights
Human Rights in Ireland >>
National - Event Notice
Thursday January 01 1970
Pre-Election Water Charges National Demonstration - Another Ireland Is Possible! -Sat 20th Feb
Garden of Remembrance, Parnell Square, Dublin 1 @ 2pm Sat 20th Feb
Right2Water/Right2Change are hosting a national protest against water charges and a festival for change ahead of the 2016 election.
'Another Ireland is Possible', but we have to fight for it. We have a Right2Water, a Right2Health, a Right2Education, a Right2Housing and we deserve a country that's not based on cronyism, corruption or greed, but instead one based on equality, democracy and social justice.
Here are 18 reasons to get out and join this historic demonstration:
1. Ireland is one of the most unequal countries in the European Union.
2. More than ten percent of people suffer from food poverty.
3. 1,500 children are living in emergency accommodation.
4. Lone parents – who are the most deprived group in the State with 63% already experiencing material deprivation – had their supports cut.
5. 36 percent of children experience multiple deprivation.
6. 73 families are becoming homeless every month.
7. 300,000 have emigrated since the current government took power.
8. Despite the enormous emigration figures, 200,000 are still in search of a job.
9. We have the second highest prevalence of low pay in the entire OECD.
10. There are 130,000 people on the social housing waiting lists
11. The Phoenix charity expects 50,000 families to lose their homes in the next few years.
12. We have the second highest prevalence of under-employment in the EU15 (ie 147,000 workers who want more hours but their employer will not give them those hours).
13. We have record numbers of people (600) waiting on trolleys in our underfunded public hospitals.
14. 470,000 people have nothing left to spend after all bills are paid and 1.7 million say they have less than €100 to spend after all essential bills have been paid.
15. The number of millionaires in Ireland has increased from 16,000 in 2008 to 91,000 in 2014.
16. Water charges will be continued unless we achieve real change in Dáil Éireann.
17. 37,000 families are in mortgage arrears of two years or more.
18. 11,000 patients have been waiting 18 months or more for an outpatient appointment.
This is not a "recovery" for the vast majority of people in this country and it is certainly not the vision of the heroes of 1916. So on Saturday, 20th February 2016, we will be assembling at the Garden of Remembrance in memory of those who died for a fair Ireland, one that put people first instead of financiers, speculators and corporations.
See you all there: be part of the change that this country needs and deserves!
Print a flyer here: PDF See Feb20-Flyer.pdf
Print a poster here: PDF See Feb20-Poster.pdf
PDF of Flyer for Feb 20th
PDF of Poster for Feb 20th