no events posted in last week
â€˜Reduced Serviceâ€™ Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:37 | Anti-Empire
Inconvenient Questions for the â€œSpecia... Wed Jun 15, 2022 16:32 | Anti-Empire
Who Dares Apply Anti-Interventionist Ana... Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:15 | Anti-Empire
Kiev Puts Its Military Deaths at 10,000 ... Mon Jun 13, 2022 05:58 | Anti-Empire
Rosgvard Wasnâ€™t Told Theyâ€™d Be Going... Sun Jun 12, 2022 14:24 | Rolo Slavsky
A Blog About Human Rights
UN human rights chief calls for priority action ahead of climate summit Sat Oct 30, 2021 17:18 | Human Rights
5 Year Anniversary Of Kem Ley?s Death Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:34 | Human Rights
Poor Living Conditions for Migrants in Southern Italy Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:14 | Human Rights
Right to Water Mon Aug 03, 2020 19:13 | Human Rights
Human Rights Fri Mar 20, 2020 16:33 | Human Rights
Human Rights in Ireland >>
News Round-Up Sun Jul 03, 2022 01:38 | Will Jones
A summary of all the most interesting stories that have appeared about politicians? efforts to control the virus ? and other acts of hubris and folly ? not just in Britain, but around the world.
The post News Round-Up appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
?This is Sedition?: Retired U.S. Military Officers Demand Answers on Training Academy Takeover by Wo... Sat Jul 02, 2022 22:40 | Will Jones
Three retired U.S. military officers have signed a letter protesting against mandatory vaccinations, Critical Race Theory classes, progressive political activism and other ?woke actions? in West Point military academy.
The post “This is Sedition”: Retired U.S. Military Officers Demand Answers on Training Academy Takeover by Woke Activists and Vaccine Zealots appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
The Ideological Capture of Nature and Why it Matters Sat Jul 02, 2022 15:30 | Dr John Staddon
Duke Biology Professor John Staddon deplores the capture of Britain's pre-eminent scientific journal by social justice activists and says it is bad news for science.
The post The Ideological Capture of Nature and Why it Matters appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
?There?s No Herd Immunity and Covid is Still Wreaking Havoc,? Says Imperial Professor of Immunology Sat Jul 02, 2022 14:00 | Will Jones
Danny Altmann, Professor of Immunology at Imperial, writes that rather than sliding into a comfortable relationship with Covid, it's "more like being trapped on a rollercoaster in a horror film". But is this true?
The post “There’s No Herd Immunity and Covid is Still Wreaking Havoc,” Says Imperial Professor of Immunology appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Did Vaccines Really Save 500,000 Lives in the UK? Sat Jul 02, 2022 08:18 | Noah Carl
A study claims the vaccines saved 500,000 lives in the UK up to 8 December 2021. But this isn't plausible. The number of excess deaths in the first year of the pandemic (before vaccines) was only 76,000.
The post Did Vaccines Really Save 500,000 Lives in the UK? appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Lockdown Skeptics >>
Voltaire, international edition
EU exempts Suwalki Corridor from Russia sanctions Fri Jul 01, 2022 20:31 | en
New documents implicate Banderites Fri Jul 01, 2022 17:57 | en
EU flag installed in Ukrainian Parliament Fri Jul 01, 2022 16:41 | en
Ecstasy lab seized on Kleine-Brogel NATO base Thu Jun 30, 2022 07:33 | en
Discordance among Israeli officials over Iran Thu Jun 30, 2022 07:10 | en
Voltaire Network >>
The Flame of Slane 2013
history and heritage |
Tuesday February 26, 2013 18:01 by Slane Local Heroes - Slane Local Heroes slaneforummail at gmail dot com 2 Main Street, Slane, Co. Meath
Show On the Hill of Slane Easter Sunday March 31st.
Celebrating Slane as the home of St Patrick and the Lighting of the Pascal Flame in 432 AD is the central theme of The Flame of Slane Spectacular.
This event was first run in 2012 on Easter Saturday and was a great success. It is fair to say that the audience of about 2000 people were astonished with the show.
Easter Sunday March 31st sees the Flame of Slane 2013 taking place on the very historical site of The Hill of Slane. Whilst maintaining the Flame theme, this will be a greatly expanded event which promises to be quite a gathering as the organizers plan to take you back in time. A living history show performed through the medium of light, sound, dance, re-enactments and pyrotechnics.
The Flame of Slane will be a Spectacular Pageant of music, flame, light and Fireworks with re-enactments, which take you back in time and provide amazing entertainment value for all who attend.
The Hill of Slane overlooks Ireland's richest historical area. From its peak you can see Newgrange, Knowth, Dowth, The Hill of Tara and The Battle of Boyne Site. It is from this viewpoint that the inspiration came for the concept for The Flame of Slane, a re-enactment of many of the events and legends that this great location presided over.
The one and a half hour show includes Irish Mythology and battle re-enactments, a light show, music and poetry, the lighting of St Patricks Pascal Flame an exhilarating firework display and even a Celtic wedding where a couple are to get married for real.
The Flame of Slane.
The following is an outline of the programme which will be delivered by a combination of members of the community supported by professional providers. It may alter somewhat in the final stages of planning.
• Along a half mile walk leading to the site will enter the spirit by the presence of medieval structures, performers and exhibits.
• At the site there will be an introduction music and audio performance.
• Next will be a Spectacular Light and Sound arrangement.
• You will then be treated to a 21st Century performance led by the Youth of Slane
• No Slane show would be complete without a reading from the much loved local poet Francis Ledwidge.
• The famous Battle of Boyne will be re-enacted by professional performers
• There will be an amazing Music and Song Performance
• Next will follow a re-enactment of the famous mythological theme of the Salmon of Knowledge, prepare to be surprised
• The next item, you will not believe, a Celtic wedding where a couple are to get married for real. The wedding is an interesting one, because it's the Year of the Gathering we wanted to do something extra special. We have a scene which involves a marriage, so we looked for a couple who would be willing to tie the knot for real in a short ceremony, following an Irish Mythology theme. We found a great pair. Margo is from Pottstown near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in The Unites States and her husband-to-be Glen is a local lad.
• The next performance will be the Re-enactment of the lighting of Pascal Fire.
• The programme features includes Lighting of the Paschal Fire, Music and Sound, Giant puppet performances
• The programme concludes with an amazing full-on Fireworks Display
Slane is located in Ireland's richest area of Heritage and Culture so we also invite you to spend some time in the area.
Last Years Video available Here on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChrgYbVgf0k,
Slane Community Website http://www.myslane.com,
The Flame of Slane event on http://www.thegatheringireland.com/Attend-A-Gathering/I...KtWgs
Bláthnaid Ní Chofaigh
I heart myslane.com
Caption: FLAME of SLANE Ceremony 7 April 2012