Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
Public Services Card: Some still forced to comply
Catholic Church: Dark influence still active Anthony
Tom Parlon launches new career in comedy Anthony
Presumption of innocence does not universally apply in Ireland Anthony
The poor standard of Irish political journalism Anthony
Public Inquiry >>
A bird's eye view of the vineyard
Part 2 ? The Arctic icebreakers, FONOPs and capability saga Tue Sep 17, 2019 16:00 | The Saker
by Nat South for The Saker Blog In the first part of the series on the Arctic shipping and icebreakers,? Arctic Russian icebreakers ? Kerfuffle over numbers, role and expectations?,
Moveable Feast Cafe 2019/09/17 ? Open Thread Tue Sep 17, 2019 09:00 | Herb Swanson
2019/09/17 08:00:01Welcome to the ‘Moveable Feast Cafe’. The ‘Moveable Feast’ is an open thread where readers can post wide ranging observations, articles, rants, off topic and have animate discussions of
The Terrorists Among US ? The Coup Against the Presidency Mon Sep 16, 2019 23:05 | The Saker
by George Eliason for The Saker Blog For the last few years, a deep state coup against the presidency has been in the media off and on. Starting in 2015
On the ground, feeling the pulse of Protest Hong Kong Mon Sep 16, 2019 23:01 | amarynth
by Pepe Escobar – Posted with permission Fringe practicing wanton destruction for destruction?s sake surely have learned tactics from European black blocs What?s going on deep down in Hong Kong?
Personal message from the Saker about emails (please read!) Mon Sep 16, 2019 20:01 | The Saker
Dear friends, I was hoping to be able to cope with all the work I have (fulltime day job plus at least 6 hours per day on blog-related issues) but
The Saker >>
A Blog About Human Rights
UN Human Rights Council Should Address Human Rights Crisis in Cambodia Sat Aug 31, 2019 13:41 | Human Rights
Fijian women still face Human Rights violations Mon Aug 26, 2019 18:49 | Human Rights
Saudi Human Rights Violation Fri Aug 09, 2019 20:41 | Human Rights
China?s LGBT Community Mon Apr 15, 2019 19:19 | Human Rights
Declaration of Human Rights at Sea Mon Apr 08, 2019 07:31 | Human Rights
Human Rights in Ireland >>
For lefties too stubborn to quit
How matters may stand in eight weeks? 12:28 Tue Sep 17, 2019 | WorldbyStorm
A European ?way of life?? 11:28 Tue Sep 17, 2019 | WorldbyStorm
Losing working conditions as against wages? 10:07 Tue Sep 17, 2019 | WorldbyStorm
And the Dáil returns 08:06 Tue Sep 17, 2019 | WorldbyStorm
Electronic counting? 12:18 Mon Sep 16, 2019 | WorldbyStorm
Cedar Lounge >>
Tahrir comes to Spain
Saturday May 21, 2011 14:24 by s
Pissed off with very high unemployment, a political system which is not working, a feeling that banks and the markets matter more than life itself, the youth, unemployed and precarious of Spain launched their revolt last Sunday. Three days on and many squares in the country are occupied and movements are building up under the banner of "Democracy Real, Ya! (Real Democracy, Now!)
Hashtags for Twitter:
Indymedia Barcelona |
Real Democracy Manifesto (English Version) |
Nobody Expects the Spanish Revolution | Tools
Live Stream: From Madrid http://www.soltv.tv/ | From Barcelona http://latele.cat/ |
Solidarity in Ireland Limerick: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=218240811531155 | Cork http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=212928062060985 | Dublin https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=202503726457580 | Galway http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=131493406926700
"No somos mercancía en manos de políticos y banqueros" (We are not merchandise at the hands of the politicians and the markets)
Inspired by both the recent uprising in North Africa and the peoples revolt in Iceland, for 3 months now, social movements in Spain have been organising to change the system. Last sunday was an international day of action which saw many thousands of people taking to the streets of many cities throughout Spain. Madrid saw the biggest demo. People occupied the main square, placa del sol (the square of sun), but this action was followed by severe police repression as riot cops cleared the square. Tuesday evening saw many many thousand people filling that same square and calls for similar actions throughout Spain...
"Democracy Real, Ya! (Real Democracy, Now!) Manifesto
We are ordinary people. We are like you: people, who get up every morning to study, work or find a job, people who have family and friends. People, who work hard every day to provide a better future for those around us.
HOPEFULLY THIS ACTION WILL SPREAD THROUGHOUT EUROPE...
Some of us consider ourselves progressive, others conservative. Some of us are believers, some not. Some of us have clearly defined ideologies, others are apolitical, but we are all concerned and angry about the political, economic, and social outlook which we see around us: corruption among politicians, businessmen, bankers, leaving us helpless, without a voice.
This situation has become normal, a daily suffering, without hope. But if we join forces, we can change it. It’s time to change things, time to build a better society together. Therefore, we strongly argue that:
• The priorities of any advanced society must be equality, progress, solidarity, freedom of culture, sustainability and development, welfare and people’s happiness.
• These are inalienable truths that we should abide by in our society: the right to housing, employment, culture, health, education, political participation, free personal development, and consumer rights for a healthy and happy life.
• The current status of our government and economic system does not take care of these rights, and in many ways is an obstacle to human progress.
• Democracy belongs to the people (demos = people, krátos = government) which means that government is made of every one of us. However, in Spain most of the political class does not even listen to us. Politicians should be bringing our voice to the institutions, facilitating the political participation of citizens through direct channels that provide the greatest benefit to the wider society, not to get rich and prosper at our expense, attending only to the dictatorship of major economic powers and holding them in power through a bipartidism headed by the immovable acronym PP (conservatives, built out of old fascist party) & PSOE. (the socialists)
• Lust for power and its accumulation in only a few; create inequality, tension and injustice, which leads to violence, which we reject. The obsolete and unnatural economic model fuels the social machinery in a growing spiral that consumes itself by enriching a few and sends into poverty the rest. Until the collapse.
• The will and purpose of the current system is the accumulation of money, not regarding efficiency and the welfare of society. Wasting resources, destroying the planet, creating unemployment and unhappy consumers.
• Citizens are the gears of a machine designed to enrich a minority which does not regard our needs. We are anonymous, but without us none of this would exist, because we move the world.
• If as a society we learn to not trust our future to an abstract economy, which never returns benefits for the most, we can eliminate the abuse that we are all suffering.
• We need an ethical revolution. Instead of placing money above human beings, we shall put it back to our service. We are people, not products. I am not a product of what I buy, why I buy and who I buy from.
For all of the above, I am outraged.
I think I can change it.
I think I can help.
I know that together we can.I think I can help.
I know that together we can.
Manifesto (English) - http://democraciarealya.es/?page_id=814
further report in English, from the barcelona group: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TocEU6SAWEiwXpIQJ1j...li=1#
Democracy Real, Ya! Video manifesto: Porque somos más, toma la calle (Because we are more, take the streets)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SAfFFpGF3E
Democracy Real, Ya! channel on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/democraciarealya
El 15 de mayo: ¡toma la calle! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DXJ0qPXrCA
Desalojo de la acampada de Sol y reportaje sobre ¡Democracia Real ya! en Antena 3.
. TWTR: @acampadabcn - http://twitter.com/#
FB: acampadabcn - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Acampadabcn/227242160626146
todos somos islandia (we are all Iceland)
Un ágora instalado en el kilómetro 0
La Junta Electoral Provincial de Madrid prohíbe la acampada de la Puerta del Sol
I don’t want a new iPad, I want a new life”
- graffiti during the mobilisation of the 15th of May.
Tahrir comes to Spain #spanishrevolution
Youth Rally in Madrid
Caption: Democracy Real, Ya! Video manifesto
Caption: M15 El 15 de mayo: ¡toma la calle! (take the streets)
Caption: Desalojo de la acampada de Sol: eviction of the camp of sun