Upcoming Events

National | Consumer Issues

no events match your query!

Blog Feeds

Public Inquiry
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005

offsite link RTEs Sarah McInerney ? Fianna Fail?supporter? Anthony

offsite link Joe Duffy is dishonest and untrustworthy Anthony

offsite link Robert Watt complaint: Time for decision by SIPO Anthony

offsite link RTE in breach of its own editorial principles Anthony

offsite link Waiting for SIPO Anthony

Public Inquiry >>

Human Rights in Ireland
Promoting Human Rights in Ireland

Human Rights in Ireland >>

Lockdown Skeptics

The Daily Sceptic

offsite link News Round-Up Thu Apr 03, 2025 00:01 | Will Jones
A summary of the most interesting stories in the past 24 hours that challenge the prevailing orthodoxy about the ?climate emergency?, public health ?crises? and the supposed moral defects of Western civilisation.
The post News Round-Up appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.

offsite link MPs Spared from Second Homes Council Tax Surcharge as Taxpayer Picks Up Bill Wed Apr 02, 2025 19:30 | Will Jones
MPs will be spared from a new?council tax premium on second homes that they voted to permit,?leaving taxpayers picking up five-figure bills.
The post MPs Spared from Second Homes Council Tax Surcharge as Taxpayer Picks Up Bill appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.

offsite link BREAKING: Elon Musk Steps Down from DOGE Wed Apr 02, 2025 17:25 | Will Jones
President?Donald Trump?has told his Cabinet that?Elon Musk?is stepping back from his Government role of running DOGE to return to the business world in a move that sent Tesla's stock soaring.
The post BREAKING: Elon Musk Steps Down from DOGE appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.

offsite link Make Gas Boilers More Expensive to Boost Heat Pumps, Miliband Told by Energy Companies Wed Apr 02, 2025 16:00 | Will Jones
Energy suppliers have told Ed Miliband to increase the cost of gas boilers to boost the uptake of heat pumps and EVs ? because nothing says 'good product' like deliberately increasing the prices of competitors.
The post Make Gas Boilers More Expensive to Boost Heat Pumps, Miliband Told by Energy Companies appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.

offsite link How I Blew Grok?s Mind Wed Apr 02, 2025 14:03 | Andy A West
Andy West was stunned this week when Grok told him that reading his book The Grip of Culture had blown its mind. But despite the AI agreeing this should change everything, its replies to others remain bound by orthodoxy.
The post How I Blew Grok’s Mind appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.

Lockdown Skeptics >>

Voltaire Network
Voltaire, international edition

offsite link Voltaire, International Newsletter N?126 Fri Mar 28, 2025 11:39 | en

offsite link The International Conference on Combating Anti-Semitism by Amichai Chikli and Na... Fri Mar 28, 2025 11:31 | en

offsite link Western Europeans Deprived of Defense, by Thierry Meyssan Tue Mar 25, 2025 06:04 | en

offsite link Voltaire, International Newsletter N?125 Fri Mar 21, 2025 11:48 | en

offsite link The London Virtual Summit for Ukraine Fri Mar 21, 2025 11:19 | en

Voltaire Network >>

HSE appoints ‘insider’ Tony O’Brien as new director.

category national | consumer issues | opinion/analysis author Friday May 11, 2018 22:13author by Joe Terry Report this post to the editors

Flashback to a July 28th, 2012 media report:
Tony O’Brien, who led a special unit charged with reducing hospital trolley numbers and waiting lists over the past year, is the new head of the HSE.

Tony O’Brien, who led a special unit charged with reducing hospital trolley numbers and waiting lists over the past year, is the new head of the HSE.

Mr O’Brien, 49, was announced as the director designate of the HSE by the Health Minister Dr James Reilly yesterday.

The HSE chief executive Cathal Magee announced last week he was leaving his position.

Mr Magee is expected to vacate his post over the next few weeks, with Mr O’Brien assuming the post of director general when new governance legislation is passed by the Oireachtas in the autumn.

Mr O’Brien, who is chief operating officer at the Department of Health’s Special Delivery Unit, was previously head of the Irish Family Planning Association.

He held a number of posts in the cancer area, including National Cancer Screening service chief executive.

Since Oct 2011 Mr O’Brien has been a member of the department’s management advisory committee and since December has held the post of chief executive of the National Treatment Purchase Fund.

Mr Magee said he did not want to be part of the Government’s reform programme that will see the abolition of the HSE in 2014. The board of the HSE is to be replaced by a directorate, headed by a director general that will be accountable to the minister.

However, the HSE’s legal status under the Health Act 2004 does not change and the status of HSE employees remains the same.

Dr Reilly said Mr O’Brien has shown he was able to implement progress in a range of different areas.

“I am satisfied that Tony O’Brien has the qualities needed to drive the essential reform required to ultimately end our two-tier health system. He also has the strategic ability to manage an enhanced architecture of financial control now being placed in the HSE,” said Dr Reilly.

Fine Gael TD and chairman of the Oireachtas Committee on Health, Jerry Buttimer, said Mr O’Brien had considerable experience and an exemplary track record in health service delivery. But Fianna Fáil’s health spokesperson, Billy Kelleher, said he was disappointed the minister had picked “an insider” behind closed doors. The whole process lacked transparency and was typical of the increasingly arrogant approach of the minister, he said.

author by ThisIsBullshitpublication date Mon May 14, 2018 23:02author address author phone Report this post to the editors

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/former-hse-chief-....html


"Outgoing HSE director general Tony O’Brien will have the full terms of his contract honoured, despite leaving his post early.

Mr O’Brien was due to leave at the end of next month, and Government sources have confirmed that Mr O’Brien, who earned €185,000 a year as director general, will not face any financial penalty or sanction.

He announced his departure on Thursday amid a maelstrom of controversy over when he knew of the cervical cancer test scandal.

The HSE and the Department of Health would not reveal the full details of Mr O’Brien’s exiting terms.

But a spokeswoman for the HSE said he would be entitled to a pension in line with public service norms.

Public service pensions begun before 2013 are worth up to one and a half times the person’s final salary by way of a tax-free lump sum plus an annual pension of half of their final salary.

A Department spokeswoman told the Irish Examiner that Mr O’Brien’s full contractual arrangements will apply. "


WE WILL STILL BE PAYING TONY O'BRIEN AN EYE WATERING PENSION
(AND PROBABLY A "GOLDEN PARACHUTE" LUMP SUM PAYMENT TOO!!)
FOR HIS PART IN KILLING THOSE WOMEN THROUGH PRIVATISING THEIR SCANS
AND GETTING THEM DONE ON THE CHEAP THEN NOT TELLING THEM FOR YEARS
THAT THEIR "YELLOW PACK" SCANS WERE WRONG AND THEY ACTUALLY HAD CANCER

THE MEMOS SHOW HE WAS PART OF A COVER UP TO PROTECT THE HSE AND HENCE THE PENSIONS OF HIMSELF AND OTHERS. IT CLEARLY WORKED BECAUSE YOU AND I WILL BE PAYING HIS BIG PENSION

VICKY PHELAN AND OTHERS HAVE NOT GOT JUSTICE HERE.
HIS STEPPING DOWN WAS JUST A SCAM

There is NO accountability in Ireland for these people,
not even if their stupid decisions get innocent women killed.
They still get their pensions paid by the serfs.


https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/late....html

https://twitter.com/search?q=Tony%20O%27Brien%20pension...=typd

 
© 2001-2025 Independent Media Centre Ireland. Unless otherwise stated by the author, all content is free for non-commercial reuse, reprint, and rebroadcast, on the net and elsewhere. Opinions are those of the contributors and are not necessarily endorsed by Independent Media Centre Ireland. Disclaimer | Privacy